And in the end, you either focus on what separates you or holds you together.
I am in love with the idea of being in love. I love the feeling you get when you’re around someone you have feelings for, I love how happy it makes me, I love being able to have someone to talk to at all times, having someone make you smile and laugh. I’m scared of the idea of being in love too, though. I’m scared of rejection, I’m scared of being hurt, and being brought down.
Sometimes, you just have to fall head first and not worry about the rocks below you.
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
When someone walks out of your life, let them. There’s no use in wasting your time on people that leave you. What you make of yourself and your future is no longer tied to them. Yeah, you may miss them, but remember that you weren’t the first one to give up.
I don’t understand how you can smile all day long but cry yourself to sleep at night. How pictures never change but the people in them do. How your best friend can become your worst enemy, or how strange it is when your worst enemy turns into your best friend. How forever turns into a few short months that you’d do almost anything to get back. How you can let go of something you once said you couldn’t live without. How even though you know something is best for you, it just hurts the same. How the people who once wanted to spend every second with you, think a few minutes of their time is too much to spare. How people make promises despite knowing how common it is for promises to be broken. How people can erase you from their lives just because it’s easier than working things out.
I don’t believe you get over someone when you break up. I think you get over them after you’ve watched them move on.
Take a step back. Look at yourself. You are human. You are beautiful. you are so beautiful. And you can be anything. You can be everything. Do not hate because someone broke your heart, or because your parents split up or your best friend betrayed you. Do not concern yourself with things you cannot control. Cry when you need to, then let go when it’s time. Don’t hang on to painful memories just because you’re afraid to forget. Let go of things that are in the past. Forget things that aren’t worth remembering. Stop taking things for granted. Stop taking life for granted. Live for something. Live for yourself. Fall in love. Fall out of love. Fall in love. Fall out of love. Do this over and over until you know what it really is to love someone. Question things. Tell people how you really feel. Sleep under the stars. Create. Imagine. Inspire. Share something wonderful. Make something beautiful and then destroy it. Meet new people. Make someone’s day. Follow your dreams. Live your life to its full potential. Just live. Let go of all the horrible things in your life and just live. And one day, when you’re old, look back with no regrets.
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
Dreams don’t always have to exist while the sun’s down and your eyes are shut.
You’re really amazing, and one day, maybe very soon, you will find someone who really means the world to you and you will fall in love with them, and he will love you to bits. He won’t find anyone else like you if he could search the world forever and ever. You will find someone who won’t want to leave your side. He might not be in your life yet: he might have walked past you today, he might have walked outside your house a few hours ago, but one day, he’ll be yours and only yours forever and ever.
Over thinking ruins you… ruins the situation, turns things around, makes you worry, and just makes things worse than it actually is.
If you truly want to be with a person, listen to your heart and not all the voices from all the people around you.
Letting go doesn’t mean giving up. It means accepting things that weren’t meant to be. There’s a point in life when you get tired of chasing everyone, trying to fix everything, but it’s not giving up. You got to do what’s right for you even if it hurts. I’ve come to realize in the end, everyone turns out to be the person they swore they’d never become.
We must see things and people for how they are instead of how we hope, wish, or expect them to be.
If it was up to me: there would be less broken hearts and more happy women with guys who make them happy and treat them with respect, background music would play during epic moments of my life, I would tell every girl in the world that they are beautiful since some guys don’t want to do that, everyone would not know of the world “hate,” but love, every dollar spent on war would be spent on making sure everyone is fed, sheltered, educated and receiving medical treatment, I would be able to text God to ask him what steps to take to solve my problems, everybody would stop cheating on the person they love and we will all be loyal and faithful, girls wouldn’t know what make up is, and they would feel beautiful and special all the time, animals could speak so that they can say what they really feel, and I would introduce every atheist to God.
That’s what life is about. Those moments when you feel entirely carefree, like nothing can touch you. It’s those moments that make the hard parts so worth it. It’s moments like that that make this heartache bearable. I know it’ll pass-my moments will come.
I respect a man that’s committed in a relationship. Real men don’t sleep around. Real men settle down.
It’s hard to grow up in a world where you never feel like you’re enough.
“…but then I realized I was holding on to something that didn’t exist anymore. That the person I missed didn’t exist anymore. People change. The things we like and dislike change. And we could wish all day long that they didn’t, but they always will.”
1. Any pain you are going through right now..it will end. Take a deep breath. Think of that one bright, happy thing in your life and smile. Live another day. It’s worth it.
2. The world, even the smallest parts of it, is filled with things you don’t know.
3. No one ever gets tired of loving. But everyone gets tired of waiting, assuming, hearing promises, saying sorry, and all the hurting.
4. And you know what’s the one wrong thing we all do when we fall in love: WE EXPECT. And it just ruins everything.
5. Sometimes, you just need to be with the person who makes you smile, even if it means waiting.
6. No matter how many quotes and song lyrics you post, or however much you write your heart out, sometimes words can’t describe how you feel. You just have to feel it for yourself and that’s all there is to it.
7. Not everything in life revolves around meeting another person to be with. Yes, it’s great to have someone adore you, but it’s more important to find the things in yourself that make you special and adorable. Before you can find who’s right for you, you have to become the person you’re meant to be.
8. There comes a point when you have to realize that you’ll never be good enough for some people. The question is, is that your problem or theirs?
9. This goes out to all of the people who have been broken, but have been strong enough to let go. For the people who have hurt so badly that they felt that they could never love again, but kept their head up. For the people who that learn from their mistakes and never stop moving forward, even when they take two steps back. For the people that wish loneliness wasn’t a part of them, but put up with it anyhow. For the people that are okay with taking up all of the room in the bed, even if it sometimes feels a little empty. For the people who wake up in the morning with no missed calls, but smile anyway. For the people who periodically miss the past, but are so much more excited for the future. For the people that have wounds still healing. For the people that have so much tied to their past relationship, but break those chains to start fresh. For the people that want to look back so badly, but focus on the road ahead. For the people that pick up the phone and are tempted to call, but keep their dignity intact instead. For the people that never wanted to let go, but had to. For the people that still believe in love even after all of the hurt their heart has endured. For all the people that gave up not because they were weak, but because most times, it’s better just to let go. We’ll all get our happy ending someday.
10. If you could go back and just change one thing about your life, would you? And if you did, would that make your life better? Or would that change ultimately break your heart? Or break the heart of another? Would you choose an entirely different path? Or would you change just one thing? Just one moment. One moment that you’ve always wanted back.
11. Sometimes, we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop trying to figure out precisely how we feel, stop deciding with our mind what we want our heart to feel, and sometimes, we just have to go with “whatever happens, happens.”
12. We all get lost once in a while, sometimes by choice, sometimes due to forces beyond our control. When we learn what it is our soul needs to learn, the path presents itself. Sometimes, we see the way out but wander further and deeper despite ourselves; the fear, the anger or the sadness preventing us returning. Sometimes, we prefer to be lost and wandering, sometimes it’s easier. Sometimes, we find our own way out. But regardless, we are always found.
13. Sometimes I don’t want to ask you certain things. It’s not because I’m scared to ask, it’s because I’m scared to hear your response. Asking is easy, hearing the real truth isn’t.
14. Life changes. You get all lined up just the way you like it, and then something beyond your control comes along and bumps you off center. How nice it would be if you could get anything just the way you want it and say, “okay, now stay.” But nothing stays the same. You grow up, make friends, lose friends, go to college, lose track of people, meet new ones, and sometimes you ask yourself why. But all I can tell you is the every single experience you go through like this has changed you in some way. Every new person who comes into your life changes you. Every moral dilemma or emotional experience you come up against changes you. It’s your job to decide how. That’s how character is developed.
15. People think that dreams aren’t real just because they aren’t made out of matter, out of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories, and puns and lost hopes.
16. What’s worse than wanting something you can’t have? It’s not knowing what you want. Wishing on all the stars in the sky for the answers to your questions, for something to believe in…someone to hold. Having absolutely no control over yourself, being caught up in a place you wish you were miles away from. Being stuck somewhere between the past and the future, nowhere near where you should be-in the present. Stuck in yesterday’s and tommorrows, so far from home, far from everything you know and love.The uncertainty could just tear you to bits.
17. As we grow older, we realize what matters most. We discover ourselves. We find out what we want…what we need….what we deserve. As we mature, we finally say, “I don’t know everything.” As we age, our family and friends, our true friends, they all become vital in our existence. We may of had a wonderful past and pleasant now, but tomorrow, tomorrow is uncertain. With knowledge..without our maturity…and without our experiences and discoveries…tomorrow will seem like our unwanted yesterdays.
18. To get something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.
19. I wonder if he stays up until 2 a.m. thinking about me. I wonder if when he hears a certain song, he thinks about me. I wonder if he thinks about things to say to me every morning. I wonder if when he feels sad, he thinks about my smile. I wonder if when he sees me, he thinks “wow, she’s beautiful.” I wonder if he thinks about me before he goes to sleep. I wonder if song lyrics remind him of me. I wonder if he looks at me when I’m not looking at him. (Probably not.)
20. I’m not afraid of happy endings. I’m just afraid my life won’t work out that way.
21. It’s those moments when you drive in a car full of people you love around a town that’s too small for you, where you gasp for breath between each laugh. It’s those moments where you get high off just breathing in so deep, you feel your lungs getting cold. For a second, that split second, you don’t care. you don’t care about school, about parents, about money, about rules, or broken hearts. Who you care about are the people sitting next to you. Yeah, the ones who make you feel invincible , even at your weakest points.
1. I’m starting to realize that sometimes you have to alter your dreams and make new ones. Maybe sometimes things that we want, need, or dream have to happen in ways differently than we want it to. Maybe we’re forced to realize that because we need to remember that God has a different plan for us than we have for ourselves. Maybe there’s something or someone that’s standing right in front of us that we can’t see and it’s God’s way of telling us “Hey, look what’s in front of you.” I’ll be the first one to admit that when I’m extremely horrible at planning my day, but when it comes to my future, I get frustrated when I come to a roadblock and I have no idea where I want my life to go. And I think sometimes I get frustrated not knowing what God’s plan is for me; I hate living life not knowing what’s going to happen next or who’s going to influence my life. But I think it forces me to take two steps back and trust in His plan for me. If there’s ever been a more important lesson than “God will never let me fail,” that I’ve learned in my entire existence, I don’t know what is.
2. Sometimes, we have to accept that there will always be people that stay in our hearts, even if they don’t stay in your life.
3. People can change. They just don’t because it’s easier not to. We’re always waiting for our lives to begin, like figuring out we’ll be someone else someday. But what are we waiting for? All we have is now. Don’t run from this.
4. Remember that God has enabled you to become an example of love, forgiveness and brotherly coexistence. Do not hate, because hate does not leave a space for a person to be fair and it makes you blind and closes all doors of thinking and keeps away one from balanced thinking and making the right choice.
4. Never search for love, let love search for you. That’s why it’s called “FALLING IN LOVE” because you don’t actually force yourself to love, you just FALL.
5. Behind every person lies a story. There’s a reason why they’re the way they are. They aren’t just like that because they want to. Something in the past created them and sometimes, it’s impossible to fix them.
6. The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.
7. There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you’d better learn the sound of it, otherwise, you’ll never understand what it is saying.
8. The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Father of the Bride; No matter what kind of love movie you prefer, it is there to inspire you and remind you of the light of love that is out there despite the pain and heartache. Love stories are told to remind you of that, to give you more.
9. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.
10. You’ve taught me and showed me many things. You’ve taught me that I can love, that people can care about me. You showed me the feeling of being in someone’s ams when they mean the world to you. The feeling of compassion. So many wonderful things. Thank you for that. You’ve also showed me that people break promises, that people don’t always hold true to their word. You’ve taught me that you can love someone more than anything in the world, yet hate them just as much. That just because someone says something, that doesn’t mean it’s true. You’ve showed me how bad it hurts to have the guy you love and thought you loved push you away and treat you as if you are worthless. You’ve showed me wonderful things just as well as horrible things. I do thank you for both. You’ve now prepared me for the harsh world I am entering. People who say they care but don’t always. Thank you for teaching me early.
11. At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, we really want to be close to somebody. So this thing, where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, is usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we remain close to, and once we’ve chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. No matter how much we hurt them, the people that are still with you at the end of the day- those are the ones worth keeping. And sure, sometimes, close can be close. But sometimes, that invasion of personal space, well, it can be exactly what you need.
12. If you are going to fall in love with me, it’s only fair that you know what you are falling in love with. You are falling in love with my insecurities. You are falling in love with my immaturity, my constant need to feel loved and appreciated, my overactive tear ducts, my tendency to be too clingy. You fall in love with my hopes and my dreams, and how I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. If you fall in love with me, you fall in love with my distrust and all my imperfections and my perception that nobody could ever love me. But, you are also falling in love with the way my eyes will smile when I’m with you, the way I’ll text you in the mornings just to tell you that I hope you have a great day.
13. I think my inability to trust people comes from the fact that I don’t trust myself. I don’t trust myself to fall for a guy head over heels only to get my heart broken in the end.
14. Just when we think we’ve figured things out, the universe throws us a curveball. So, we have to improvise. We find happiness in unexpected places. We find ourselves back to the things that matter most. The universe is funny that way. Sometimes, it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong.
15. The brain is the human body’s most mysterious organ. It learns. It changes. It adapts. It tells us what we see, what we hear. It lets us feel love. I think it holds our soul. And no matter how much research we do, no one can really say how all that delicate grey matter inside our skull works. And, when it’s hurt, when the human brain is traumatized, well, that’s when it gets even more mysterious.
16. At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you really don’t expect it. It’s like one day, you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it’s not so important happy ever after, just that it’s happy right now. See, once in a while, once in a blue moon, people surprise you, and once in a while people may even take your breath away.
17. If you look close enough to the world around you, you might find someone like you. Someone trying to find their way. Someone trying to find their self. Sometimes, it seems like you are the only one in the world who’s struggling, who’s frustrated, unsatisfied, barely getting by. But that feeling’s a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes. We need someone to remind us that it won’t always be this way. That someone is out there. And that someone will find you.
18. And if the world really does end, how would you feel about the life you lived?
19. The success of love is in the loving- it is not in the result of loving- Of course it is natural in love to want what’s best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done.
20. Sometimes, you stop and wonder why things happen in an unexpected way. But one day, you’ll see that everything happens to make you stronger.
Do me a favor and don’t sugarcoat anything. I want to hear your truth, no matter how raw and blunt it is. I want to hear your thoughts, uncensored and unedited.
Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people in the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them, they’ve got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.
Sometimes, there is nothing to be said. Sometimes, nothing should be said. I just want to find someone who won’t run away. Someone to look me in the eye and tell me it’s okay that things don’t always go right. That this is how life works, and how it will always work. That it’s not going to be easy. Today, tomorrow, the next day, but it will somehow get better.
Sometimes in life, there really are bonds formed that can never be broken. Sometimes you really can find that one person who will stand by you no matter what; maybe you’ll find it in a spouse and celebrate it with your dream wedding, but there is also the chance that the one person you can count on for a lifetime, the one person who knows you, sometimes better than yourself, is the same person standing beside you all along.
Just because someone flirts with you, doesn’t mean they like you. Just because someone likes you, doesn’t mean they wanna date you. Just because someone dates you, doesn’t mean they love you. Just because someone loves you, doesn’t mean that they won’t hurt you.
Sometimes, struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were to go through our life without any obstacles, we would be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. Give every opportunity a chance. Leave no room for regret.
Do you smile and let your mind wander? Do you smile and not think of anything? Do you think of me, about what I am doing, and think about what things I did and said that day? Because I do..
I love listening to songs that make me smile, not because of the words or music, but because of the memories behind them.
Being single means that you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.
I’m learning not to sweat the small stuff. This year has been about finding strength within myself- not looking to others for it.
For a kiss to be really good, you want it to mean something. You want it to be with someone you can’t get out of your head, so that when your lips finally touch, you feel it everywhere. A kiss so hot and so deep that you never want to come up for air. You can’t cheat your first kiss. Trust me, you don’t want to. Cause when you find that right person for a first kiss, it’s everything.
Maybe, we’re not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories, admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we’re thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we’re thankful for the things we’ll never know.
If you look close enough to the world around you, you might find someone like you. Someone trying to find their way. Someone trying to find their self. Sometimes, it seems like you are the only one in the world who’s struggling, who’s frustrated, unsatisfied, barely getting by. But that feeling’s a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes. We need someone to remind us that it won’t always be this way. That someone is out there. And that someone will find you.
People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s a lie. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.
When it comes to wanting something really badly, I’ve never been a patient person. I want my degree, I want my career, I want my future. I don’t want to wait for it. I’ve also always liked to be in control of my life. I don’t know very many people that like to be out of control, but I know that I am certainly not one of them.
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that’s the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows; the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.
It happens to everyone as they grow up, you find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but you find yourself moving on.
Cherish your solitude. Take trains by yourself to places you’ve never been. Sleep alone under the stars. Learn to drive a stick shift. Go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back. Say no whenever you don’t want to do something. Say yes if your instincts are strong, even if everyone around you disagrees. Decide whether you want to be liked or admired. Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you’re doing here. Believe in kissing.
God, you are God even when I don’t see you, God, you are God even when I don’t feel you. God, you are God when I feel like I’m falling, God, you are God beyond my understanding.<3
Once we recognize what it is we are feeling, once we recognize we can feel deeply, love deeply, can feel joy, then we will demand that all parts of our lives produce that kind of joy.
I’ve been making a list of the things they don’t teach you at school. They don’t teach you how to love somebody. They don’t teach you how to be famous. They don’t teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don’t teach you how to walk away from someone you don’t love any longer. They don’t teach you how to know what’s going on in someone else’s mind. They don’t teach you want to say to someone who’s dying. They don’t teach you anything worth knowing.
In school, the year was the marker. Fifth grade. Senior year of high school. Sophomore year of college. Then after, the jobs were the marker. That office. This desk. But now that school is over and I’ve been working at the same place, in same office at the same desk for longer than I can truly believe, I realize: you have become the marker. This is your era. And it’s only if it goes on and on that I will have to look for other ways to identify time.
Each of us have memories. Good ones and sad ones. Unfortunately, our mind is mostly filled with the sad ones. It’s easier to keep sad memories because it comes with a scar. Good memories come with laughters and they all fade away. Every night, before we sleep, we have to remember all these sad memories because before we sleep, we think about people we care about and miss, but we lost the chance of holding again. Nobody really wants to forget these memories, but nobody wants to remember them either.
That’s the best revenge of all: happiness. Nothing drives people crazier than seeing someone have a good life.
Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life… you give them a piece of you. They didn’t ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn’t your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so a simple phrase like “maybe we should be just friends” turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It’s a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.
I’m so tired of people needing a reason for doing everything in their lives. Do it because you want to. Because it’s fun. Because it makes you happy.
If I cheated on my fears, broke up with my doubts, got engaged to my faith; I can marry my dreams.
It’s sad to me how some of the most amazing people have so much love to give it to someone that refuses to see it.
Protect her, fight for her, kiss her, love her, hold her, laugh with her… but don’t make her fall if you don’t plan to catch her.
You’ve gotta believe that right here, right now, you’re exactly where you’re supposed to be.
I don’t know why we all hang onto something we know we’re better off letting go. It’s like we’re scared to lose what we don’t really have. Some of us say we’d rather have that something than nothing, but the truth is to have it halfway is harder than not having it at all.
You over think things. You say, “What if we’re not meant to be?” Well you know what? So what? Make a mistake with me. Nobody goes through this life and does everything perfectly. We’re all going to fail, so you might as well make a mistake with me. Sometimes, we we take a chance that has this much at stake and we look back and in hindsight, what seemed wrong looks more like right. So I say worst case, we’ll be left with lots of good memories. This chance we have? Well, it’s worth it, so make a mistake with me. I’m telling you the right thing to do is to make a mistake with me.
You can drive at 16, go to war at 18, drink at 21, and retire at 65. So who can say what age you have to be to find your true love?
“I tell you the truth. If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it WILL move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
If there is just one piece of advice I can give you, it’s this- when there’s something you really want, fight for it. Don’t give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you’ve lost hope, ask yourself if 10 years from now, you’re gonna wish you gave it just one more shot. Because the best things in life don’t come free.
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
It seems like the simplest concept; just push them all away and you’ll never get hurt. However, simplest isn’t always the most effective. Someday, somebody’s going to find their way in, and they’re going to leave you on your knees.
Sometimes, you have to be strong for yourself. You have to know that you’re a good person and a good friend. What’s meant to be will end up good and what isn’t won’t. Relationships are worth fighting for, but sometimes you can’t be the only one fighting. At times, people need to fight for you. If they don’t, you must just move on and realize what you gave them was more than they were willing to give you. Hopefully, people realize great things when they come around and don’t lose something real. Always fight until you can’t anymore, and then be fought for.
There are four questions of value in life. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is it worth living for and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.
When you’re young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone, or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes, you don’t leap at all because there’s not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there’s no safety net. When did it stop being so fun and start being scary?
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone…
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone..
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck..
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19.. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now..
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up..
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
1. Just remember one thing: God is with you. He will make everything beautiful at the right place, at the right time.”
2. And if you come from under that water then there’s fresh air. Just breathe, baby, God’s got a blessing to spare. Yes, I know the process has so much stress, but it’s the progress that feels the best…So try, they can’t steal your pride, it’s inside. Then find it and keep on grinding, ‘cause in every dark cloud there’s a silver lining, I know.
3. You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing, and dance, and write poems, and suffer, and understand, for all that is life.
4. I would just sit there for literally hours waiting for some sign of him. Some sign that maybe he was thinking of me. I would make the littlest things into the biggest deals & I would just wait. & then when I finally did see him, I wouldn`t bring myself to say hey. It was like I was trying to prove to him that I`m stronger now & I don`t need him to be able to sleep at night & I don`t need him to be able to get up out of bed anymore. I mean, there really was a time that I couldn`t concentrate on anything but him & those “I dare you” eyes that I couldn`t get out of my head. He controlled me. I hardly ever saw him or even talked to him for some times weeks at a time & it had been months since we had been over but he still controlled my every breathe, my every thought, my every emotion. It was like he was living inside of me & there was nothing I was capable of doing to get rid of him. I would cry & pray to God to let me let him go but something in me wouldn`t bring myself to say goodbye. I knew I was never going to be able to go an entire day without wondering how he was doing or what he was thinking of. But what he was thinking didn`t matter cause I knew that deep down..he wasn`t thinking of me & even if he was..it didn`t mean anything anymore. He had proven to me without a doubt that he didn`t need me. & if it was the last thing I ever did, I was going to prove to him, without a doubt that I didn`t need him either.
5. Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small people who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given, than to explore the power they have to change it.
Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare.
Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
7. The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
8. “At some point during almost every romantic comedy, the female lead suddenly trips and falls, stumbling helplessly over something ridiculous like a leaf, and then some Matthew McConaughey type either whips around the corner just in the nick of time to save her or is clumsily pulled down along with her. That event predictably leads to the magical moment of their first kiss. Please. I fall ALL the time. You know who comes and gets me? The bouncer.”
— Chelsea Handler
8. “If you’re going to be passionate about something, be passionate about learning. If you’re going to fight something, fight for those in need. If you’re going to question something, question authority. If you’re going to lose something lose your inhibitions. If you’re going to gain something , gain respect and confidence. And if you’re going to hate something, hate the false idea that you are not capable of your dreams.
9. You’re old enough now to learn the most important lesson in life: you cannot count on anyone except yourself. You cannot count on anyone except yourself.It’s sad but true. The sooner you learn it, the better.
10. Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being “in love” which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
11. Nothing is more practical than finding God,
that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, Fall in love,
what seizes your imagination, will affect everything.
It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning,
what you will do with your evenings,
how you will spend your weekends,
what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart,
and what amazes you with joy and gratitude.
stay in love,
and it will decide everything.
that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way.
What you are in love with,
Fall in love,
10. Your first love is not always your true love. Love makes us grow & mature. We learn to love better as we continue to live our lives. We often get hurt by our first love and experience true love in the person who teaches us to move on.
11. Maybe just maybe, not all guys are the same; maybe the guy you’re meant to be with, the guy that you’re meant to hear the words, “I love you” from is right in front of you. Sitting back and waiting for just the right moment to come in and sweep you off your feet. Maybe if you decide right now that all guys are the same; you’re blowing this guy’s heart into pieces cause he thinks he won’t have a chance; so therefore, he won’t come in and make a single move. Maybe you should just simply let things fall into place for you. Forgetting all the people who’ve hurt you in the past, and forgiving all those who are willing to prove to you that you’re worth it. But then again, maybe I’m wrong.
12. I can’t promise you a perfect relationship without arguments over our differences and trust issues. However, I can promise you that as long as you’re trying, I’m staying.
13. Saying God doesn’t exist is like saying the “Mona Lisa” was painted by accident. You’re a masterpiece- how were you created by mistake?
14. What I’ve learned is not to change who you are, because eventually, you’re going to run out of new things to become.
15. Most girls say that they want a fairytale, but you taught me that it’s not really what I want. I want someone who will make fun of me and laugh at my jokes, even if they aren’t funny. Someone that wrestles with me and doesn’t let me win just cause I’m a girl. Yeah, riding off into a sunset on a white horse would be nice; but playing football with you seems so much better.
16. I bet you didn’t know that I am terrified of the dark, and every time I think of you, I smile. I bet you don’t know that I hate thunderstorms but love dancing in the rain. Or how much I laugh with my friends and how much I truly enjoy being happy. I bet you don’t know how many tears I’ve cried, just for you, or how much I doubt myself everyday. I betyou don’t know how ticklish I am or how I can’t make decisions, and how it drives me crazy when you look into my eyes. I bet you didn’t know that I would do anything to be with you. But mostly, I bet you didn’t know how much I love you.
17. And the harsh reality of life is that you are going to hurt. You’re going to cry over a silly boy- your heart’s going to be broken. But you have to pull yourself together so people don’t see how vulnerable you are because once people see vulnerability, they take advantage of you. And the whole process starts all over again.
18. I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe, we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.
19. The thing is, life is random. Sometimes, it’s tragic, and totally messed up. But there’s one thing that makes all the drama and tears worthwhile. If you’re lucky enough to find someone you love, who loves you back, it’s a gift.
20. Truth is: we only hide because we want to be found. We only walk away because we want to see who will follow us. And we only break hearts to see what they really mean to us.
1. Ask most people what they want out of life, and the answer is simple: to be happy. Maybe it’s this expectation though, the wanting to be happy, that keeps us from ever getting there. Maybe the more we try and will ourselves to states of bliss, the more confused we get, to the point where we don’t recognize ourselves. Instead, we keep smiling, trying like hell to be the happy people we wish we were. Until eventually, it hits us: it’s been there all along. Not in our hopes or dreams, but in the known. The comfortable. The familiar.
2. It’s true. I am afraid of dying. I am afraid of the world moving forward without me, of my absence going unnoticed, or worse, being some natural force propelling life on. Is it selfish? Am I a bad person for dreaming of a world that ends when I do? I don’t mean the world ending with respect for me, but every set of eyes closing with mine.
3. She believes in love and romance. She believes her life is going to be transformed into something wonderful and exciting. She has hopes and fears, just like anyone. Sometimes, she feels frightened. Sometimes, she feels unloved. Sometimes she feels she will never gain approval from those people who are most important to her.
But she’s brave, and goodhearted, and faces her life head on.
4. I believe in holding still. I believe that the secrets we hold in our hearts are our anchors, that even the unspoken between us is a measure of our every promise to the living and the dead. And all our promises, like all our hopes, move us through life with the power of an ocean liner pushing through the sea.
5. Always remember,you are smart enough and beautiful enough to never be taken for granted and to never be anyone’s second best.
6. Take chances. Lots of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up, and with who, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn to grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel-always. Be you, and be okay with it. It doesn’t matter what any other person thinks.
7. The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you’re completely amazing.
8. To let go isn’t to forget, not to think about, or ignore. It doesn’t leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. Letting go isn’t about winning or losing. It’s not about pride and it’s not about how you appear, and it’s not obsessing or dwelling on the past. Letting go isn’t blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and doesn’t leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. It’s not about giving in or giving up. Letting go isn’t about loss and it’s not about defeat. To let go is to cherish the memories, but to overcome and move on. It is having an open mind, and confidence for the future. Letting go is learning and experiencing and growing. To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow. It’s about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will soon gain. Letting go is having the courage to accept the strength to keep moving. Letting go is growing up.
10. Your first love is not always your true love. Love makes us grow and mature. We learn to love better as we continue to live our lives. We often get hurt by our first love and experience true love in the person who teaches us to move on.
11. At this moment, there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes… all you need is one.
12. Maybe friendships aren’t meant to be saved. Maybe we’re meant to spend our lives with certain people.
13. Sometimes we see what we want to, instead of what’s in front of us. And sometimes, we don’t see clearly at all.
14. It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
15. There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn’t matter anymore.
16. It seems to me, we can never give up longing and wishing while we are still alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger for them.
17. And I’m supergirl and I’m here to save the world and I wanna know who’s going to save me?
18. I don’t know if people are meant to be together. You have to have a lot in common, choose well and be really fortunate. It’s not like you’re sprinkled with fairy dust. You have to believe that love will be there when you need it.
19. That’s the way you live this life. Each day, one at a time. Now, if you spend your whole life worryin’ about something that’s gonna happen, before you know it, your life’s over and you spent an awful lot of it just worryin’. Hey, you heard that? Now that’s what life’s all about. Laughin’ and lovin’ each other. And knowin’ that people aren’t really gone when they die. We have all the good memories to sustain us until we see ‘em again.
20. Rule no.111: There are two types of girls in college: the ones you have fun with and the ones you take home to Mom and end up marrying. Which one do you want to be? your actions reflect your choice.
21. Someday, you’ll find someone special again. People who’ve been in love once usually do. It’s in their nature.
22. Corte reducit. It means ‘the heart leads you back.” it means no matter where you go after you leave this place, your heart will always lead you back here. It means there’s always a place for you here. And it means I’ll always be here for you, too.
23. There are speed bumps and sharp curves on every road and it complicates the trip, but it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the whole journey. Take the hard times with caution and savor the good ones. At the end of the day, we won’t remember the fights and drama. When we look back on our school days, we will think about all the fun we had with our sisters and how real God was (and is) in our lives.
24. People who love each other fully and truly are the happiest people in the world. They may have little, and they may have nothing, but they are happy people. Everything depends on how we love one another.
25. Would you give up what you love for who you love?
1. Love with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose withno regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.
2. Everyone will eventually hurt you. Your job is to take care of yourself and not be surprised.
3. I believe good things happen everyday. I believe good things happen even when bad things happen. And I believe, on a happy day like today, we can still feel a little sad. That’s life, isn’t it?
4. Do you ever sit and think, what if? What if you had never said the first hello, or what if our paths never crossed? What if you kept your mouth shut and just let things pass? What if you had just five more minutes? What if you could turn back time and make it all stand still? Where would your life be? Better? Worse? Less confused? More confused? Happier? Sadder? Just, what if?
5. We are all unkind from time to time. We all do things we desperately wish we could undo. Those regrets just become a part of who we are, along with everything else. To spend time trying to change that, well, it’s like chasing clouds.
6. I think that the only reason people hold on to memories so tight is because memories are the only things that don’t change; when everybody else does.
7. I realized I was holding onto something that didn’t exist anymore. That the person I missed didn’t exist anymore. People change. The things we like and dislike change. And we can wish they wouldn’t all day long, but that never works.
8. It’s not always that easy to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys. Sinners can surprise you. And the same is true for saints. Why do we try to define people as simply good or evil? Because no one wants to admit that compassion and cruelty can live side by side in one heart. And that anyone is capable of anything.
9. I’ve learned that no matter the consequences, those who are honest with themselves, get farther in life.
10. The past is annoying; it always shows up. In everybody’s words, in every song you hear, in every block you walk, and you never get rid of it. No matter how hard you try.
11. This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes. It’s a universal truth. But the good part is, you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up.
12. One ofthe most important things I have learned in life is promises can be broken just as fast as they were made.
13. A little jealousy in a relationship is healthy. It’s always nice to know someone is afraid to lose you.
14. Dreams are always crushing when they don’t come true. But, it’s the simple dreams that are often the most painful because they seem so personal, so reasonable, so attainable. You’re always close enough to hold and its enough to break your heart.
15. I guess you are right. I am afraid to let my guard down. I am afraid that if you know all that I really am, you won’t feel the same. And I am afraid that once my barrier is defeated and I’m comfortable, you’ll walk away.
16. I wouldn’t change the past for anything. I wouldn’t change the way I felt, or the things I did. Or what I said, I wouldn’t change who I was or what you mean to me. The only thing I would change, was the way it ended.
17. Maybe our old wounds teach us something. They remind us where we’ve been and what we’ve overcome. They teach us lessons about what to avoid in the future. That’s what we like to think. But that’s not always the way it is. Sometimes, there are things we just have to learn over again.
18. There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they’re necessary to reach the places we’ve chosen to go.
19. When you’re at that point when you feel it’s all pointless…it’s not. The trick is to just keep doing it, and that’s how you succeed in the end. It’s the secret to life, do anything often enough, and for long enough, and until you get good at it. So keep on. Keep writing. Keep painting. Keep singing. Keep dancing. Keep fighting. Keep. On.
20.Don’t miss out on what’s happening now because you are waiting for something better to come along. You can’t live for the future. just like you can’t live in the past.