1. I think people that live for God ought to really live. I think every minute you ought to be alive. I think you ought to stop and smell the roses. Maybe look for a four leaf clover. I think you ought to get up in the morning and look at the last fading stars and say “Thank you God, You’re such a God of beauty.”
2. Sometimes, devine revelation simply means adjusting your brain to hear what your heart already knows.
3. Nobody tells this to people who are beginners. I wish someone had told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is a gap. For the first couple of years, you make stuff, it’s just not that good. It’s trying to be good, it has potential, but it’s not. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints you. A lot of people never get past this phase; they quit. Most people I know who do interesting, creative, work went through years of this. We know our work doesn’t have this special thing we want it to have. We all go through this. And if you are just starting out or you are still in this phase, you gotta know that it’s normal and the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a deadline so that every week, you finish one piece. It’s only by going through a volume of work that you will close that gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions. And I took longer to figure out how to do this than anyone I’ve ever met. It’s gonna take awhile. It’s normal to take awhile. You just gotta fight your way though.
4. I’ve learned that you can’t please everyone. So don’t even try it. It’s a waste of time trying to make everyone like you. Just be you. I’ve learned the hard way and in the end, some people are just so full of hate, that no matter what you say or do, they’ll always have something to say. They’ll never like you. So what?
5. Long before we know ourselves, our paths are already set in stone. Some may never figure out their purpose in life, and some will. There are a lot of us who are caught up in this world we all live in, content by being blinded by rules and judgement. We live in a world where it’s more okay to follow than to lead. In this world, being a leader is trouble for the system we are all accustomed to. Being a leader in this day and age is being a threat. Not many people stood up against the system we all call life.
6. A guy out there was meant to be the love of your life, your best friend, your soulmate. The one you can tell your dreams to. He’ll brush the hair out of your eyes. Send you flowers when you least expect it. He’ll stare at you during the movies, even though he paid $8 to see it. He’ll call to say goodnight, or just because he’s missing you. He’ll look in your eyes and tell you, you’re the most beautiful girl in the world, and for the first time in your life, you’ll believe it.
7. You’re only as tall as your heart will let you be. And you’re only as small as the world will make you seem. And when the going gets rough and you feel like you may fall, just look on the bright side. You’re roughly six feet tall.
8. Sometimes, it’s like people are a million times more beautiful to you in your own mind. It’s like you see them through a special lens- but maybe, if it’s how you see them, that’s how they really are.
9. Never get too attached to anyone because attachments lead to expectations and expectations lead to disappointments.
10. Life can be long or short, it all depends on how you choose to live it. It’s like forever, always changing. For any of us, our forever could end in an hour, or a hundred years from now. You can never know for sure, so you’d better make every second count. What you have to decide is how you want your life to be. If your forever was ending tomorrow, is this how you’d want to have spent it?
11. What most people need to learn is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things.
12. Someday, you will find the one who will watch every sunrise with you until the sunset of your life.
13. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen every day.
14. God doesn’t give us what we can handle, God helps us handle what we are given.
15. It’s a lot easier to be lost than found. It’s the reason why we’re always searching and rarely discovered. So many locks, not enough keys.
16. When you love people and have the desire to make a profound, positive impact upon the world, then you will have accomplished the meaning to live.
17. Let your heart influence your brain, not your brain influence your heart- I’ve recently just found my heart after some time. It feels good to hear it beat again. It feels so good it hurts.
18. There are some things in life that don’t go the way you want them to or the way you think they should. But you can’t dwell on these because you’ll miss out on other opportunities. Don’t give up on something just because you don’t think things will work, you won’t know unless you give it a try. But don’t hold on to something that left a long time ago, because sooner or later, you’ll realize some things just aren’t meant to be.
19. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it’s a world, or a relationship…everything has its time. And everything ends.
20. I’m weird with relationships. I think I know what I want, and then I run. I think I run because I’m scared, I’m scared I might get hurt. Or maybe, I just haven’t found someone who I know is worth being hurt for.