So, super long post, but I think you’ll enjoy it! In a way, I’m just doing this post to get my mind off of college football. It’s like it was “beat the highest ranked team today.” At least Oklahoma got killed and Mizzou beat them! <——This made my day! At least there’s hope for the Spurs and the Rangers this year! We need some championships in Texas. (:
Anyways, I’m gonna stop rambling, so here you go. <3
1. I think you need to just apologize to everyone and be honest to yourself. It’s the best option you have for yourself. Maybe you just need a new start.
2. There’s always going to be bad stuff out there. But here’s the amazing thing is- light trumps darkness. Every time. You can stick a candle into the dark, but you can’t stick the dark into the light.
3. It was so risky and scary, and yet at the same time, so beautiful. Maybe the truth was, it shouldn’t be easy to be amazing, then everything would be. It’s the things you fight for and struggle with before earning that have the greatest worth. When something’s difficult to come by, you’ll do that much more to make sure it’s even harder, if possible, to lose.
4. Sometimes, you gotta quit thinking so much. If it feels right, it probably is. So just go with it.
5. Fear of the unknown. They are afraid of new ideas. They are loaded with prejudice, not based upon anything in reality, but based on… “if something is new, I reject it immediately, because it’s frightening to me.” Why they do instead, is just stay with the familiar. You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.
6. Love is as much as an object as an obsession. Everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it. Those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never forget it.
7. I don’t forgive people because I’m weak. I forgive them because I’m strong enough to understand that people make mistakes.
8. “I’d like to tell today’s youth that no matter where life takes you, big cities, small towns, you’ll inevitably come across small minded people who think they’re better than you. People who think that material things, or being pretty and popular, automatically make you a worthwhile human being. I’d like to tell today’s youth that none of those things matter. Unless you have a strength of character, integrity, and if you’re lucky enough to have any of these things, don’t ever sell out. Don’t ever sell out. So when you meet a person for the first time, don’t judge them by their situation in life, ‘cause who knows? That person might just end up being your best friend.” (Dawson’s Creek)
9. Growing up sucks. Not all kisses are magic, and most boys do not live up to your expectations, but there are those times when everything, I mean love, romance, relationships: it all falls together perfectly and it’s incredible. It’s those moments, no matter how depressingly few and far between, that make growing up worth it.
10. I’m scared that I’m going to end up alone. I’m scared that I’m always going to be somebody’s friend, or sister, or confidant, never quite somebody’s everything. Mostly, I’m scared I’m not going to find a guy that I love as much as you.
11. No one has the right to judge you, because no one really knows what you have been through. They might have heard the stories, but they didn’t feel what you felt in your heart.
12. No matter what, once in your life, someone will hurt you. That someone will take all that you are, and rip it into pieces and they won’t even watch where those pieces land. But through the breakdown, you’ll learn something about yourself. You’ll learn that you are strong. And no matter how hard they destroy you, that you can conquer anyone and anything.
13. Have you ever thought about where you would be in life if you never met the one who changed you completely? Think about it. You were changed whether you wanted to be or not. What would you be like without that person?
14. Be thankful for every heartbreak, for they were planned. They come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. Their purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart wide open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life. And you do.
15. When you start to know someone, all their physical characteristics start to disappear. You begin to dwell in their energy, recognize the scent of their skin, you see only the essence of the person, not the shell. That’s why you can’t fall in love with beauty. You can lust after it, be infatuated by it, you want to own it, you can love it with your eyes and your body, but not your heart. And that’s why, you really connect with a person’s inner self; any physical imperfections disappear, become irrelevant.
16. God doesn’t give you the people you want. He gives you the people you need. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and make you into the person you were meant to be.
17. Everything in life is temporary. Because everything changes. It takes great courage to love someone knowing it might end sooner or later, but having faith that it will last forever.
18. It seems when you want someone, they don’t want you. And when someone wants you, you don’t want them. And when you both want each other, something has to come around and mess it up.
19. Maybe our old wounds teach us something. They remind us where we’ve been and what we’ve overcome. They teach us lessons about what to avoid in the future. That’s what we like to think. But that’s not always the way it is. Sometimes, there are things we just have to learn over again.
20. Growing up is never easy. You hold on to the things that were. You wonder what’s to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been and look ahead of what would be other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn’t have to hate each other for growing older. We just had to forgive ourselves for growing up.
21. Here’s to the kids. The kids who would rather spend their night with a bottle of coke. Here’s to the kids whose 11:11 wish was wasted on one person who will never be there for them. Here’s to the kids whose idea of a good night is sitting on the hood of a car and watching the stars. Here’s to the kids who were never too good a t life, but were still wicked cool. Here’s to the kids who listened to Fall Out Boy and Hawthorne Heights before they were on MTV and blame MTV for ruining their life. Here’s to the kids who care more about the music than the haircuts. Here’s to the kids who have stupid crushes. Here’s to the kids who hum “A Little Less 16 Candles” when they’re stuck home, dateless on a Saturday night. Here’s to the kids who have ever had a broken heart from someone they didn’t even know existed. Here’s to the kids who have read “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” and didn’t feel so alone after doing so. Here’s to the kids who spend their days in a photo booth with their best friends. Here’s to the kids who are straight up smart asses and just don’t care. Here’s to the kids who speak their mind. Here’s to the kids who second guess themselves on everything they do, and to the kids who are okay with it. Here’s to the kids. This one’s not to the kids who always get what they want, but for the ones who never had it all. It’s not for the ones who never get caught, but the ones who always try and fail. This one’s for the kids who didn’t make it, we were the kids who never made it.
22.Right now at this very minute, someone is very proud of you. Someone is thinking of you. Someone cares about you. Someone misses you. Someone wants to talk to you. Someone wants to be with you. Someone hopes you aren’t in trouble. Someone wants to hold your hand. Someone wants you to be happy just for you. Someone thinks you are a gift. Someone wants to hug you. Someone loves you. Someone admires your strength. Someone is thinking of you and smiling. Someone wants to be on your shoulder to cry on. Someone thinks the world of you. Someone wants to protect you. Someone would do anything for you. Someone wants to be forgiven. Someone is grateful for your forgiveness. Someone wants to laugh with you about old times. Someone remembers you and wishes you were there. Someone needs to know that your love is unconditional. Someone wants to tell you how much they care. Someone wants to share their dreams with you. Someone wants to hold you in their arms. Someone wants YOU to hold them in your arms. Someone treasures your spirit. Someone wishes she/he could STOP time because of you. Someone loves you for who you are. Someone wants to be with you. Someone hears a song that reminds her/him of you. Someone is glad that you’re her/his only true love. Someone wants to be your friend. Someone stayed up all night thinking about you. Someone is alive because of you. Someone believes that you are their soul mate. Someone wants to be near you. Someone misses your guidance and advice. Someone values your guidance and advice. Someone has faith in you. Someone trusts you. Someone needs you to send them this letter. Someone needs your support. Someone needs you to have faith in them. Someone needs you to let them be your friend. Someone will cry when they read this. Cause that’s what life’s all about. Its about the times where you lay in the grass next to someone you love. Its about the color of the sky, its about a roaring fire on a winter night. Everybody hurts, everyone bleeds, everyone laughs and smiles and loves. And that’s all that is. There’s no meaning of life, its nothing that can be defined, it’s a matter of writing your own definition.