1. I miss you. No, let me correct that, I miss the old you. I miss the old you that cared about me and the old you that would treat me so well. The old you that would talk to me every day and always have me smiling. I miss the old you that made me happy and knew what to say at any given point in time. I miss the old us.
2. The good are never easy, the easy, never good. And love, it never happens like you really think it should.
3. You can’t love without risk. Sometimes, love is a terrible idea, except that it’s not an idea. Sometime love leaves suddenly and it’s as if you were lying to the other person all this time, or they were lying to you. Sometimes you want to be loved back and you think if they’ll just hear your case, if you present the evidence before them as if in a court of law, they will concede to your argument, and love you the way you love them, forever even, and then you’ll both get to be happy. But that’s not how it works. You jump from the plane and hope your parachute opens. The other person is that parachute. So if you can, jump over water, and from not too great of a height.
4. God’s plan is always the best. Sometimes, the process is painful and hard, but don’t forget that when God is silent, He’s doing something for you.
5. I have faith that God will show you the answer. But you have to understand that sometimes it takes awhile to be able to recognize what God wants you to do. That’s how it often is. God’s voice is usually nothing more than a whisper, and you have to listen very carefully to hear it. But the other times, in those rare moments, the answer is obvious and rings as loud as a church bell.
6. I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don’t want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud in the car with the windows down and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and painting my nails the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift.
7. I don’t know why we all hang on to something we know we’re better off letting go. Its like we’re scared to lose what we really don’t have. Some of us say we’d rather have that something than nothing, but the truth is to have it halfway is harder than not having it at all.
8. “But I trust in your UNFAILING love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me. (Psalm 13:5-6)
9. Every girl deserves to be with someone who appreciates them, and who gets how funny, sweet, amazing, adorable and sexy they are, you know? Someone who wakes up every morning thinking, “oh my God, I’m with her.”
10. At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don’t keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That’s how we’re made. So you can waste your life drawing lines, or you can live your life crossing them.
11. No matter what I do, I always forget to forget you.
12. You have to decide what’s important. Keeping your pride and getting nothing. Or taking a risk and maybe…maybe having everything.
13. At this age, the worst thing you can do to yourself his fall for someone harder than they fall for you.
14. I should’ve been chasing you. I should’ve been trying to prove that you’re all that mattered to me. ~ All We’d Ever Need (Lady Antebellum)
15. Every one of us is losing something precious to us. Lost opportunities, lost possibilities, feelings we can never get back again. That’s part of what it means to be alive. But inside our heads- at least that’s where I imagine it- there’s a little room where we store those memories. A room like the stacks in this library. And to understand the workings of our own heart, we have to keep on making new reference cards. We have to dust things for every once in a while, let in fresh air, change the water in the flower vases. In other words, you’ll live forever in your own little private library.
16. Sometimes, I think we waste our words and we waste our moments, and we don’t say what’s in our hearts when we have the chance.
17. We are all guilty of saving old messages from someone who became really special in our lives and going to familiar places that gives us that small twinge in our hearts and smiles on our faces. It’s one of the most bittersweet feelings ever because every time that person crosses our minds, we remember the instances when we were happy and complete
18. I just need to know that it’s possible that two people can stay happy together forever.
19. There comes a time in every life when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you’d better learn to know the sound of it. Otherwise, you’ll never understand what it’s saying.
20. Isn’t it amazing how a person who once was just a stranger, suddenly meant the world to you?