1. If you’re feeling frightened about what comes next…don’t. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness. Don’t waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present- each moment as it comes- because you’ll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart, where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.
2. Love is the easiest thing there is. It’s the layers of doubt, fear, and expectation that make it complicated.
3. No matter how you put it, you’re gonna fall, and it’s scary as hell. Except, if there’s an upside to free falling, it’s the chance you give your friends to catch you.
4.Even though,you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your own pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from your new life.
5. Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them, they’ve all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe.
6. The human heart has hidden treasures. In secrets kept, in silence sealed; the thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, whose charms were broken if revealed.
7. In your life, you meet people. Some, you never think about again. Some, you wonder what happened to them. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you. And then, there are some you wish you never had to think about again. But you do.
8. In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: IT GOES ON.
9. The greatest moments of your life won’t necessarily be the things you do. They’ll also be the things that happen to you. Now, I’m not saying you can’t take action to affect the outcome of your life. You have to take action. And you will! but never forget, that on any day, you can step out the front door, and your whole life could change forever. You see the Universe has a plan kids; and that plan is always in motion. A butterfly flaps its wings and it starts to rain. It’s a scary thought, but it’s also kind of wonderful. All these little parts of the machine constantly working…making sure that you end up exactly where you’re supposed to be…exactly when you’re supposed to be there. The right place. At the right time. <3
10. Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle is going to come from. Where the next smile, the next wish will come true. But if you believe that it’s right around the corner, and you open up your heart and mind to the possiblity of it, the the certainty of it, you just might get the thing you’re wishing for. The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. so make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now believe in it, with all of your heart.
11. That’s what I’m afraid of. Not being enough. Not good enough, not smart enough, not pretty enough.
12. We have, as human beings, a storytelling problem. We’re a bit too quick to come up with explanations for things we don’t really have an explanation for.
13. The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
14. There come a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you’d better learn the sound of it. Otherwise, you’ll never understand what it’s saying.
15. Life is more than a series of moments, you know? We can make choices and we can choose to protect the people we love. And that’s what makes us who we are.
16. Maybe our old wounds teach us something. They remind us where we’ve been and what we’ve overcome. They teach us lessons about what to avoid in the future. That’s what we like to think. But that’s not the way it is, is it? Some things we’d just have to learn over and over again.
17. Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you, he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, every story we’re told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes, we’re so focused on finding our happy ending, we don’t learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don’t, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe a happy ending doesn’t include a guy, maybe it’s you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is just moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken hearts, through all the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment…you never gave up hope.
18. Life sucks- in a good way. Falling in love, falling in hate, getting hurt- what’s one without the other? When it comes to the ritual of growing up, sometimes you smile because you’re happy. Other times, you smile just because you’ve survived. But hey, a smile is a smile.
19. So I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.
20. Love and relationships are never like the movies. No matter how much we want them to be. But when something beautiful ends, for whatever reason, it’s most important not to be disappointed that it’s over, but glad that it happened at all.