1. You’re not a kid anymore. You have the right to choose your own life. You can start again. If you want a cat, all you have to do is choose a life in which you can have a cat. It’s your right.
2. Life is a series of collisions with the future; it’s not the sum of what we have been, but what we yearn to be.
3. ‘Forgive and forget,’ that’s what they say. It’s good advice, but it’s not very practical. When someone hurts us, we want to hurt them back; when someone wrongs us, we want to be right. Without forgiveness, old scores are never settled, old wounds never heal, and the most we can hope for is one day, we’ll be lucky enough to forget.
4. I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
5. Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in you or the world, that one song stays the same, just like the moment. Which is pretty amazing, when you actually think about it.
6. I’ve learned that goodbyes will always hurt, pictures can never replace being there, memories forget the hard times, words can never replace feelings, and heroes often go unsung.
7. I must learn to love the fool in me; the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries.
8. You must train your intuition- you must trust the small voice inside you which tells you exactly what to say, what to decide.
9. I wanted a perfect ending. Now, I’ve learned the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best out of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.
10. I happen to believe the world will change only when we change ourselves. And that starts with finding ourselves. And that starts with listening to ourselves; learning to quiet the clamor in our minds and the voices of everyone around us and move toward what feels right- towards the things we know, for reasons we can’t explain, that we’re meant to do, the things that make us feel alive.
11. I don’t want to be married just to be married. I can’t think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can’t talk to, or worse, someone I can’t be silent with.
12. It seems to me the only thing that matters, the only thing that’s even real, is the here and now. And some stuff is important and some stuff isn’t , and I guess time is the only thing that can sort out which is which. That just means, the more we live in the present, the more we store up all the memories, good and bad, the more we have to hold on to once people, places, and things are gone. Because, believe me, I speak from experience when I say things can change forever, with, like, no warning. So no matter where how much you love something or no matter how much you take it for granted, nothing lasts forever. So for now, all we can do is hang on and wait and see and hope…for the future.
13. Good doesn’t exist without evil. Good wouldn’t have meaning, if we never knew what bad was. Success doesn’t exist without failures. We’d have nothing to succeed at, if we didn’t fail at anything. Love doesn’t exist without struggle. There would be no reason to love, if we didn’t struggle so much for how much it was worth it in the end.
14. Well go on and get it. Chase it. Catch it. Pursue it. And once you have it, once it’s actually really yours, don’t let it go. Cherish it like it’s the only living flower in the world. It’s your responsibility to take care of it, to keep it safe, to protect it. Don’t let yourself down by mistreating it, and don’t even think about taking advantange of it. Who says that you can’t do what you want? Don’t you dare listen to them, don’t listen to a word they say. They’re wrong. You can do it. You can be what you want to be and go where you want to go. Be in your vision and treasure every moment of it. It’s your ideal fantasy and it can happen if you really wanted it to. Work hard for it because you can do it, because it’s worth it. I know it and you know it. If you don’t try, you’ll never know. Would you want to look back in a couple of years and wonder ‘what if’? Because I don’t think you do. Don’t become your own victim. Don’t target yourself and say that you can’t do the things you love. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do the things you love. Because you can.
You have a dream? Well then… don’t just sit there.
16. “Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.”
17.Everyone says love hurts, but that isn’t true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again. Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt.
18. In your life, you meet people. Some, you never think about again. Some you wonder what happened to them. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you. And then there are some you wish you never had to think about again. But you do.
19. There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
20. I believe in true love. I believe in love at first sight. I believe love conquers all. And that doesn’t mean that there’s not gonna be hard days or difficult things to deal with, because there will be. But finding that person who does it for you and knowing that person loves you back just makes everything so much easier.
21. People always ask me why I don’t have a boyfriend and wonder why it’s hard to get to me…Throughout my entire life, I’ve always wanted what I drew in my mind as a young girl. I never asked for perfection, but something more than just good enough. I don’t believe in settling for just anything that comes my way. I definitely won’t accept someone just for the sake of having a boyfriend. Thus, I’m not the kind of girl that jumps from guy to guy or the girl that needs a man to be complete, that’s just not me. I don’t date around simply because I know what I want, and I’ll know right away that it isn’t you. My heart is sacred to me, and I won’t give it away to him and him too