1. You continue to get your heart broken because you are holding the pen of your life and trying to write your own story. I am the Author of true love. I am the Creator of Romance. I know your heart’s every desire. I want to script a beautiful take just for you, but first you must give the pen to Me. You must let Me become the center of your existence. You must let Me have total control of your love life, and every other area of your life as well.
~When God Writes your Love Story.
2. You are only as tall as your heart will let you be, and you’re only as small as the world will make you seem.
3. Soul is FREEDOM. Love is POWER. Hope is LOVE. Dreams are REVOLUTIONS.
4. It’s not about who you love, it’s about how you love.
5. While you can’t leave it behind, you can look at the events of your past from a new point of view. Turn them around. See all the angles. Consider it your second chance. Second chances do come your way. Like trains, they arrive and depart regularly. Recognizing the ones that matter is the trick.
6. We’ve pretended for so long that something would simply appear when we needed to change everything. We made our pact as children…and we’re still trying to be children. But we’re feeling things beyond what children feel, and almost doing them. Sooner or later, we’re going to do them, because we want to. There has never been a solution. The whole world here would have to change for us.
7. Don’t give up okay? I know you’ve been hurt. I know how it feels. Believe me, I do. But the feeling will pass. The tears will stop falling. Your heart will heal itself.
8. My point is, there are a lot of people in the world. No one ever sees everything the same way you do; it just doesn’t happen. So when you find one person who gets a couple of things, especially important ones…you might as well hold on to them. You know?
9. I don’t want someone constantly saying I’m beautiful or hot or sexy. I want someone who will fight with me. I want someone who will make fun of me, do things for himself, and hang out with his friends and not always do everything I say. I don’t want the perfect guy. I want the guy who is nowhere near perfect, and knows that I’m not either, but loves me anyway.
10. I walk around the school hallways and look at the people. I look at the teachers and wonder why they’re here. If they like their jobs. Or us. And I wonder how smart they were when they were fifteen. Not in a mean way. In a curious way. It’s like looking at all the students and wondering who’s had their heart broken that day, and how they are able to cope with three quizzes and a book report due on top of that. Or wondering who did the heart breaking. And wondering why.
11. No one gets tired of loving, but everyone gets tired of waiting, assuming, hearing promises, saying sorry, and the hurting.
(^Insert Tony Parker’s name and mine! <3^)
12. You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before. She may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect- you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make your laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break- her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.
13. It has always seemed strange to me…the things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling, are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest, are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first, the love the produce of the second.
14. It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everyone lies. The only variable is about what. ~ Dr. Gregory House
15. Sometimes the things you want the most don’t happen and what you least expect happens. I don’t know- you meet thousands of people, and none of them really touch you. And then you meet that one person and your life is changed.
16. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afriad, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn ourselves first, in all our glory and imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
17. Not all kisses are magical and most boys don’t live up to your expectations, but there are those times when everything, I mean love, romance, relationships, it all falls together perfectly and it’s incredible.
18. A girl, no matter how many times she denies it, will always remember every detail, every moment, every piece of the memories you’ve left her. No matter how much she tries to forget, it will forever be there.
19. The hardest thing ever is taking chances. Because you can only take so much pain. And you can only get hurt so many times before you create a bubble around yourself to avoid any more scars. And then you end up never really living at all. So we deal with the pain. We take chances and we take risks, because either way, we’re going to lose and it’s going to hurt.
20. Don’t tell me that nothing matters. Everything matters. I know there’s an entire world that cares out there, hiding behind a world that doesn’t.