1. Disappointments are just God’s way of saying: “I’ve got something better.” Be patient, live life, and have faith
2. “Well, yes, ma’am, I do… I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up morning and not knowing what’s going to happen, or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m going to wind up. Just the other night, I was sleeping under a bridge and now, here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life’s a gift, and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you… to make each day count.”
~Jack Dawson, Titanic
3. Today, after 11 straight months I am finally on my way home from Iraq for good. One of my connecting flights landed in Atlanta and I barely had enough time to get to the next gate. When I got there, they informed me that the flight was overbooked and I was too late. A businesswoman who was the last person boarding the plane as I ran up to the gate overheard what happened, walked back to the gate agent and said, “Give this soldier my seat and book me on the next flight. He deserves to go home tonight.” MMT
4. Today, when he showed me the photos of the two of us he kept in his Army helmet for the last 2 years while he was overseas, I realized he’s been thinking about me as much as I’ve been thinking about him. MMT
5. Remember, the acquisition of knowledge doesn’t mean you’re growing. Growing happens when what you know changes how you live.
6. Today, as I cried alone in my apartment, my best friend wrote this on my Facebook wall: “It wasn’t meant to be. But just think, the guy you will fall in love with, marry and have kids with is walking the planet at this very moment. And even though neither of you know it yet, you both already share certain qualities and personality traits that will someday catch each other’s attention and ignite this amazing love.” MMT
7. Today, as I was rushing to work in the grumpiest of moods, I drove past a full parking lot at the local funeral home and it reminded me that no matter how stressful I think my morning has been, at least I’m not on my way to a funeral for someone I care about. MMT
8. Today, my 9th grade English teacher’s husband showed up unannounced at our classroom just after lunch wearing his Marine Corps uniform. He got released for leave a week earlier than he was supposed to and decided to surprise her. My teacher began crying with tears of joy and the entire classroom clapped for several minutes as they hugged each other. MMT
9. Today, on New Year’s Eve, I asked her, “What are you looking forward to this coming year?” She smiled and said, “Another 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8760 hours, 525,600 minutes of struggle, growth, progress and life experience! And I intend to make every last second count!” MMT
10. You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them, but eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is its hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely cause almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true.
11. During happy moments, praise God. During difficult moments, seek God. During quiet moments, worship God.
12. No matter what happens, joy will find you.
13. The world will constantly bring you down, but there will always be people to love.
14. The world will change you and life has its ways of letting you know when it has. But in the end, you will still know you have always been you.
15. The truth is, nothing worth having is ever easy, and all the best things in life are a result of pain. In the end, that’s what makes the good things so very great, and that’s what makes it worth the struggle.
16. Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.
17. When you really want love, you will find it waiting for you.
18. Fate controls who walks in your life, but you decide who you let walk out, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.
19. People do not change. They grow, becoming more of who they are.
20. You can’t choose love. Love chooses you.