1. Ask most people what they want out of life, and the answer is simple: to be happy. Maybe it’s this expectation though, the wanting to be happy, that keeps us from ever getting there. Maybe the more we try and will ourselves to states of bliss, the more confused we get, to the point where we don’t recognize ourselves. Instead, we keep smiling, trying like hell to be the happy people we wish we were. Until eventually, it hits us: it’s been there all along. Not in our hopes or dreams, but in the known. The comfortable. The familiar.
2. It’s true. I am afraid of dying. I am afraid of the world moving forward without me, of my absence going unnoticed, or worse, being some natural force propelling life on. Is it selfish? Am I a bad person for dreaming of a world that ends when I do? I don’t mean the world ending with respect for me, but every set of eyes closing with mine.
3. She believes in love and romance. She believes her life is going to be transformed into something wonderful and exciting. She has hopes and fears, just like anyone. Sometimes, she feels frightened. Sometimes, she feels unloved. Sometimes she feels she will never gain approval from those people who are most important to her.
But she’s brave, and goodhearted, and faces her life head on.
4. I believe in holding still. I believe that the secrets we hold in our hearts are our anchors, that even the unspoken between us is a measure of our every promise to the living and the dead. And all our promises, like all our hopes, move us through life with the power of an ocean liner pushing through the sea.
5. Always remember,you are smart enough and beautiful enough to never be taken for granted and to never be anyone’s second best.
6. Take chances. Lots of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up, and with who, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn to grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel-always. Be you, and be okay with it. It doesn’t matter what any other person thinks.
7. The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you’re completely amazing.
8. To let go isn’t to forget, not to think about, or ignore. It doesn’t leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. Letting go isn’t about winning or losing. It’s not about pride and it’s not about how you appear, and it’s not obsessing or dwelling on the past. Letting go isn’t blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and doesn’t leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. It’s not about giving in or giving up. Letting go isn’t about loss and it’s not about defeat. To let go is to cherish the memories, but to overcome and move on. It is having an open mind, and confidence for the future. Letting go is learning and experiencing and growing. To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow. It’s about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will soon gain. Letting go is having the courage to accept the strength to keep moving. Letting go is growing up.
10. Your first love is not always your true love. Love makes us grow and mature. We learn to love better as we continue to live our lives. We often get hurt by our first love and experience true love in the person who teaches us to move on.
11. At this moment, there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes… all you need is one.
12. Maybe friendships aren’t meant to be saved. Maybe we’re meant to spend our lives with certain people.
13. Sometimes we see what we want to, instead of what’s in front of us. And sometimes, we don’t see clearly at all.
14. It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
15. There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn’t matter anymore.
16. It seems to me, we can never give up longing and wishing while we are still alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger for them.
17. And I’m supergirl and I’m here to save the world and I wanna know who’s going to save me?
18. I don’t know if people are meant to be together. You have to have a lot in common, choose well and be really fortunate. It’s not like you’re sprinkled with fairy dust. You have to believe that love will be there when you need it.
19. That’s the way you live this life. Each day, one at a time. Now, if you spend your whole life worryin’ about something that’s gonna happen, before you know it, your life’s over and you spent an awful lot of it just worryin’. Hey, you heard that? Now that’s what life’s all about. Laughin’ and lovin’ each other. And knowin’ that people aren’t really gone when they die. We have all the good memories to sustain us until we see ‘em again.
20. Rule no.111: There are two types of girls in college: the ones you have fun with and the ones you take home to Mom and end up marrying. Which one do you want to be? your actions reflect your choice.
21. Someday, you’ll find someone special again. People who’ve been in love once usually do. It’s in their nature.
22. Corte reducit. It means ‘the heart leads you back.” it means no matter where you go after you leave this place, your heart will always lead you back here. It means there’s always a place for you here. And it means I’ll always be here for you, too.
23. There are speed bumps and sharp curves on every road and it complicates the trip, but it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the whole journey. Take the hard times with caution and savor the good ones. At the end of the day, we won’t remember the fights and drama. When we look back on our school days, we will think about all the fun we had with our sisters and how real God was (and is) in our lives.
24. People who love each other fully and truly are the happiest people in the world. They may have little, and they may have nothing, but they are happy people. Everything depends on how we love one another.
25. Would you give up what you love for who you love?