1. Just remember one thing: God is with you. He will make everything beautiful at the right place, at the right time.”
2. And if you come from under that water then there’s fresh air. Just breathe, baby, God’s got a blessing to spare. Yes, I know the process has so much stress, but it’s the progress that feels the best…So try, they can’t steal your pride, it’s inside. Then find it and keep on grinding, ‘cause in every dark cloud there’s a silver lining, I know.
3. You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing, and dance, and write poems, and suffer, and understand, for all that is life.
4. I would just sit there for literally hours waiting for some sign of him. Some sign that maybe he was thinking of me. I would make the littlest things into the biggest deals & I would just wait. & then when I finally did see him, I wouldn`t bring myself to say hey. It was like I was trying to prove to him that I`m stronger now & I don`t need him to be able to sleep at night & I don`t need him to be able to get up out of bed anymore. I mean, there really was a time that I couldn`t concentrate on anything but him & those “I dare you” eyes that I couldn`t get out of my head. He controlled me. I hardly ever saw him or even talked to him for some times weeks at a time & it had been months since we had been over but he still controlled my every breathe, my every thought, my every emotion. It was like he was living inside of me & there was nothing I was capable of doing to get rid of him. I would cry & pray to God to let me let him go but something in me wouldn`t bring myself to say goodbye. I knew I was never going to be able to go an entire day without wondering how he was doing or what he was thinking of. But what he was thinking didn`t matter cause I knew that deep down..he wasn`t thinking of me & even if he was..it didn`t mean anything anymore. He had proven to me without a doubt that he didn`t need me. & if it was the last thing I ever did, I was going to prove to him, without a doubt that I didn`t need him either.
5. Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small people who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given, than to explore the power they have to change it.
Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare.
Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
7. The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
8. “At some point during almost every romantic comedy, the female lead suddenly trips and falls, stumbling helplessly over something ridiculous like a leaf, and then some Matthew McConaughey type either whips around the corner just in the nick of time to save her or is clumsily pulled down along with her. That event predictably leads to the magical moment of their first kiss. Please. I fall ALL the time. You know who comes and gets me? The bouncer.”
— Chelsea Handler
8. “If you’re going to be passionate about something, be passionate about learning. If you’re going to fight something, fight for those in need. If you’re going to question something, question authority. If you’re going to lose something lose your inhibitions. If you’re going to gain something , gain respect and confidence. And if you’re going to hate something, hate the false idea that you are not capable of your dreams.
9. You’re old enough now to learn the most important lesson in life: you cannot count on anyone except yourself. You cannot count on anyone except yourself.It’s sad but true. The sooner you learn it, the better.
10. Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being “in love” which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
11. Nothing is more practical than finding God,
that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, Fall in love,
what seizes your imagination, will affect everything.
It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning,
what you will do with your evenings,
how you will spend your weekends,
what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart,
and what amazes you with joy and gratitude.
stay in love,
and it will decide everything.
that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way.
What you are in love with,
Fall in love,
10. Your first love is not always your true love. Love makes us grow & mature. We learn to love better as we continue to live our lives. We often get hurt by our first love and experience true love in the person who teaches us to move on.
11. Maybe just maybe, not all guys are the same; maybe the guy you’re meant to be with, the guy that you’re meant to hear the words, “I love you” from is right in front of you. Sitting back and waiting for just the right moment to come in and sweep you off your feet. Maybe if you decide right now that all guys are the same; you’re blowing this guy’s heart into pieces cause he thinks he won’t have a chance; so therefore, he won’t come in and make a single move. Maybe you should just simply let things fall into place for you. Forgetting all the people who’ve hurt you in the past, and forgiving all those who are willing to prove to you that you’re worth it. But then again, maybe I’m wrong.
12. I can’t promise you a perfect relationship without arguments over our differences and trust issues. However, I can promise you that as long as you’re trying, I’m staying.
13. Saying God doesn’t exist is like saying the “Mona Lisa” was painted by accident. You’re a masterpiece- how were you created by mistake?
14. What I’ve learned is not to change who you are, because eventually, you’re going to run out of new things to become.
15. Most girls say that they want a fairytale, but you taught me that it’s not really what I want. I want someone who will make fun of me and laugh at my jokes, even if they aren’t funny. Someone that wrestles with me and doesn’t let me win just cause I’m a girl. Yeah, riding off into a sunset on a white horse would be nice; but playing football with you seems so much better.
16. I bet you didn’t know that I am terrified of the dark, and every time I think of you, I smile. I bet you don’t know that I hate thunderstorms but love dancing in the rain. Or how much I laugh with my friends and how much I truly enjoy being happy. I bet you don’t know how many tears I’ve cried, just for you, or how much I doubt myself everyday. I betyou don’t know how ticklish I am or how I can’t make decisions, and how it drives me crazy when you look into my eyes. I bet you didn’t know that I would do anything to be with you. But mostly, I bet you didn’t know how much I love you.
17. And the harsh reality of life is that you are going to hurt. You’re going to cry over a silly boy- your heart’s going to be broken. But you have to pull yourself together so people don’t see how vulnerable you are because once people see vulnerability, they take advantage of you. And the whole process starts all over again.
18. I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe, we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.
19. The thing is, life is random. Sometimes, it’s tragic, and totally messed up. But there’s one thing that makes all the drama and tears worthwhile. If you’re lucky enough to find someone you love, who loves you back, it’s a gift.
20. Truth is: we only hide because we want to be found. We only walk away because we want to see who will follow us. And we only break hearts to see what they really mean to us.