1. I am the First and the Last- God
2. The greatest thing you can be proud of is being able to stand from a fall and becoming a better person.
3. I don’t believe we have to be better than everybody else. I believe we have to be better than we ever thought we could be.
4. True love is rare, and it’s the only thing that gives life real meaning
5. At the end of the day, it’s about winning. Scottie Pippen wants you to look at his six rings. Well guess what? That means that you have to look at Michael Jordan’s six rings. And if you have to look at his six rings AND Michael Jordan’s six rings, then you get to look at LeBron James’ 10 fingers, and last time I checked, there isn’t a single ring on one of his fingers.
6. Never give up. No matter what is going on, never give up. Develop the heart. Too much energy in your country is spent developing in the mind instead of the heart. BE COMPASSIONATE, not just to your friends but to everyone. BE COMPASSIONATE, work peace in your heart and in the world. Work for peace, and I say again, never give up. No matter what is happening, no matter what is going on around you. Never give up.
7. You know that feeling when you’re just waiting, waiting to get home into your room, close the door, fall into bed, and just let everything out that you kept in all day, that feeling of both relief and desperation? Nothing is wrong, but nothing is right either, and you’re tired, tired of everything, tired of nothing, and you just want someone to be there and tell you it’s okay, but no one’s going to be there, and you know you have to be strong for yourself, because no one can fix you. But you’re tired of waiting, tired of having to be the one to fix yourself and everyone else, tired of being strong, and for once, you just want it to be easy, to be simple, to be helped, to be saved, but you know you won’t be, but you’re still hoping and you’re still wishing and you’re still staying strong and fighting with tears in your eyes. You’re fighting.
8. No need for revenge. Just sit back and wait. Those who hurt you will eventually screw up themselves, and if you’re lucky, God will let you watch.
9. Before you can grow up, you must fall in love three times. Once, you must fall in love with your best friend, ruining your friendship forever. This will teach you who your true friends are, and the fine line between friendship and more. Once you must fall in love with someone you believe is perfect. You will learn that no one is perfect, and that you should never be treated as anything less than you deserve. And once, you must fall in love with someone that is exactly like you. This will teach you about who you are, and who you want to be. And when you’re through with all that, you learn that the people who care about you the most are the ones that you hurt, and the ones that hurt you are the ones that needed you the most. But most of all, you learn that love is only a concept and is not something that can be defined, it is different to each and every person on this earth, knowing that everyone wants to be loved.
10. You know how when you were a little kid, and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them. But, eventually, you grow up. One day, you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is, it’s hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely cause almost everyone has the smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day, they will open their eyes and it will come true.
11. The hardest tests in life: the patience to wait for the right moment. And the courage to accept that you’ve waited for nothing.
12. The mind and body connection is what makes dance so addicting. To be able to define and interpret a thought, feeling, song or silence with movement is the most honest form of expression I have ever experienced. The body becomes our finely tuned instrument, and what instrument can possibly be so beautiful?
13. I don’t want you to describe something I’m not. I don’t want to hide the hopes that I have. I just want you to enjoy what’s meant to enjoy.
14. A couple hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow, he said, which you can do today. This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say. I don’t know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I’d have to say that it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes, the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you’re wrong? What if you’re making a mistake that you can’t undo? The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can’t pretend we hadn’t been told. We’ve all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day. Still, sometimes, we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today’s possibility under tomorrow’s rug until we can’t anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying.
15. GOD abandons no one.
16. We may love the wrong person or cry for the wrong reason; but one thing is for sure: mistakes help us find the right person.
17. Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, but your behavior decides who will stay in your life.
18. We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
19. When you pray, and God doesn’t answer quickly: don’t worry. Delay doesn’t mean denied.
20. It’s easy to forget how perfectly life works out. When you are down, you believe that things never work in your favor. But if you look back, you see that, in many cases, things happened exactly the way they needed to.
21. Growing up sucks. Not all kisses are magical and most boys do not live up to your expectations. But there are times when everything, I mean love, relationships, it all falls together perfectly and it’s incredible. It’s those moments, no matter how depressingly few and far between, that make growing up worth it.